Rock and Roll Reverse Engineering
Ruckingenur II is a game of “rock and roll” reverse engineering of electrical circuits. Use the “hypermeter” to measure voltages, create pulses, monitor serial data, and debug chips. Filled with exciting, low-budget, live-action video sequences.
Requires: .NET 2.0, running as Administrator on Windows Vista and later
Make Your Own Ruckingenur Levels
The Ruckingenur Editor is a level editor for creating levels to be played via the Ruckingenur Player, which closely resembles Ruckingenur II. A few notes:
- The only “hidden” feature is that you can hold down shift while dragging a circuit board, project box, or chip to drag everything that is on top of it along with it.
- While widgets are placed with default DisplayLevel values, you may sometimes have to tweak them to get things to stack the way you want – widgets with higher DisplayLevel values are placed above those with lower DisplayLevel values.
- When two widgets with the same DisplayLevel overlap, they will flicker.
- When running a .ruck level, the Ruckingenur Player searches for a file called “script.lua” in the same directory and uses that as the script. The file “ruckapi.htm” in the zip file provides documentation for scripting Ruckingenur levels.
- Sounds and images that you add should be added to the same directory as the .ruck file.
- Check out the level1-remake folder for a full remake of level 1 from Ruckingenur II built in the Ruckingenur Editor.
Requires: .NET 2.0
With Five User Created Levels
The release of the Ruckingenur Editor coincided with a contest inviting fans of Ruckingenur II to create their own levels. A year later, Ruckingenur CE, containing five user created levels, was assembled and released as a stand-alone game. The Ruckingenur Editor is NOT required to play Ruckingenur CE. Levels by Ariel, Jonathan, AJ, and Fredrik.
Requires: .NET 2.0